Senior Staff Accountant (On-site)
About Patrick J. Murphy, P.C.
Our mission at Patrick J. Murphy, P.C. is to build client relationships that stand the test of time. We inspire respect and customer loyalty through our excellent client services and professional results. We enjoy providing our clients with personalized advice and guidance to achieve their goals.
About the Role
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will play a vital role in our clients’ financial operations and ensure accurate and timely reporting. You will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of our clients by providing valuable insights, maintaining financial records, and assisting in financial analysis.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Prepare Individual, Partnership, S Corp, C Corp, and Fiduciary tax returns.
- Perform and manage monthly business accounting and bookkeeping services.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects independently and simultaneously.
- Process client payrolls and record appropriate journal entries.
- Monitor industry trends and changing tax regulations.
What You Need To Succeed
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks® desktop, QuickBooks online, and Microsoft products
- Experience with Lacerte tax software desirable
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve and think critically through complex situations
- Collaborative work style
- Commitment to quality and client service
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Additional certification (CPA) is a plus, but not required
Why Join Us?
By joining our team at Patrick J. Murphy, P.C. you can benefit from:
- Competitive compensation
- Time and half paid for overtime
- 100% paid employee health insurance
- Retirement plan match
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
At Patrick J. Murphy, P.C., we uphold the following values:
We maintain the highest ethical standards in our work and relationships.
We prioritize our clients’ success and provide personalized solutions.
We follow established procedures and stay current with the latest developments in the accounting profession.
We foster a collaborative culture that values teamwork and shared success.
Our Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process at Patrick J. Murphy, P.C. involves a comprehensive evaluation of candidates’ qualifications, including resume screening, interviews, and possibly a skills assessment. We strive to ensure a fair and inclusive selection process that matches the best candidates with our firm’s values and requirements. We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to welcome a talented Senior Staff Accountant to our team.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.